Friday, May 3, 2013

Blog Post #15 Final Reflection

After re-reading my first post, I feel like I was on definitely on the right path. I knew then that I wanted my students to be hands on learners but I did not know how quite yet. I also said I want to incorporate the smart board in my classroom (which I still do), but through EDM 310 I have found so many other options to incorporate in the classroom. I still think it is important to display student's hard work, and feel like art is a great way to get students involved in the lesson.

My BIGGEST change to that post would obviously be a class blog. That is number one on my agenda as a new teacher. It is an amazing way to communicate with your students and even parents if needed. I feel like blogs make even the act of reading new assignments fun! As a young student I would have loved to write a blog post versus writing a short essay on paper. I also feel now that I would be more open to teach as high as third grade. This decision definitely comes from our group experience of making project-based learning lesson plans for a third grade classroom. It is so exciting for me to see how enthusiastic these young students are about learning. I can not wait to have my own classroom!

Final Reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment